The value of experience is being able to use the lessons of the past to overcome the challenges of the present while plotting the best course to the future. The deeper and more varied the experiences—the greater the advantage.
- At Leigh Fibers, we trace our company’s roots back hundreds of years.
- As John Leigh & Co., located in Oldham, England, they were recycling and re-selling cotton waste throughout Europe as early as the 1880s.
- At the dawn of the 20th century, the “new” Leigh Fibers used its connections to help American textile manufacturers obtain the cotton and wool they needed to meet their growing demand.
- In the 1940s, we helped customers transition to the first commercially available polyamide, Nylon.
- By the end of the 20th century, we had developed industry-leading expertise in not only natural and synthetic fibers, but the emerging fields of technical and specialty fibers as well.
For almost a hundred years, our business and customers have taken the name Leigh to all corners of the globe and into a broad range of industries.
As a result, today Leigh Fibers, Inc. has amassed one of the industry’s deepest and widest storehouses of institutional knowledge and experience. Thanks to an extremely low employee turnover, we’re able, and proud, to put it to work for you.